This full-day course is designed to introduce core skills and knowledge to individuals passionate to produce great brewed coffee. No previous experience is required. In this course you will learn about:
- The basics of coffee from seed to cup;
- Brewing guidelines for the specialty industry;
- The basics of strength and extraction;
- The effect of brewing variables (i.e. water-to-coffee ratio, grind size, time, water temperature and turbulence);
- Correct use of different brewing methods such as V60, Chemex and AeroPress.
Price: 160 JOD + 70 JOD (SCA certification)
Exam: Two short practical tests and a written exam (pass rate of 60% required to obtain 5 points towards your SCA Coffee Skills Program Diploma).