Keeping espresso machines clean allow espressos to keep their consistent flavour. If you do not clean the espresso machine, not only will the machine break down more, but you will not get the flavours you want from an espresso.
The EVO is a new range from Cafetto that is completely organic and biodegradable. Unlike other cleaners that use phosphates, the EVO does not harm the environment when discarded. Like the Cafetto Espresso Clean, it improves flavour, is odourless and does not leave any chemical residue.
Each tub comes with a measuring scoop to facilitate dosing.
How to use:
- Remove the coffee basket and insert a blind filter.
- For daily cleaning add 1 level scoop of EVO® into the group handle and insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 level scoops.
- Start the cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner.
- Stop the cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
- Start and stop the cycle 4 more times - run for 10 seconds, stop for 10 seconds.
- Remove the group handle and rinse well under stream or water from the group. Stop the flow.
- Re-insert handle with blind filter, start and stop the cycle 10 times - run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds to ensure thorough rinsing.
- Remove the blind filter and insert the regular basket.
- Brew and discard an espresso to re-season machine.
PROCEDURE TO CLEAN FILTERS AND GROUP HANDLES
- Soak group handles and filters in 500ml of hot water with 2 teaspoons of EVO® Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.
Alternatively, you can see it in action.