This full-day course is designed to introduce core skills and knowledge to individuals passionate to start a career as a coffee professional. No previous barista experience is required. In this course you will learn about:
- The basics of coffee beans – both green and roasted;
- Introduction to barista techniques;
- Setting your grinder - calibration, dosing, distributing and tamping;
- Foundations of espresso brewing;
- The espresso machine & grinder;
- Introduction to milk science;
- The espresso-based menu;
- Essential cleaning and daily maintenance of the espresso machine.
Price: 160 JOD + 70 JOD (SCA certification)
Exam: Three short practical tests and a written exam (pass rate of 60% required to obtain 5 points towards your SCA Coffee Skills Program Diploma).