This two-day course is designed to explore in detail more advanced skills of preparing an espresso. While the Barista Foundation course introduces the basics of making an espresso, in this course you start to manipulate variables expected from a competent barista. It is highly recommended to take the Barista Foundation course prior to taking this course. In this course you will learn about:
- Dialling in your own espresso recipes by manipulating brewing variables;
- Understanding the impact of different processes on flavour;
- Exploring the taste profiles of various levels of extraction;
- Making a full range of drinks with quality and speed;
- Milk techniques, including latte art;
- Customer service and basic business processes.
Price: 300 JOD + 110/170 JOD (SCA certification for members/non-members)
Exam: Four practical tests and an online exam (pass rate of 70% required to obtain 10 points towards your SCA Coffee Skills Program Diploma).